The Phantom of the Opera is in the loop. All you need is a great face mask to kidnap your soul mate.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed with the options on the market and you’re not exactly into his look, that’s okay. Dry and flaky? Fighting breakouts? Trying to get that young beautiful ingenue to your phantom lair for an eternal date? I got you covered!
Sheet masks have exploded on the beauty scene in the last few years, and I totally get it! There’s something so convenient about just putting it on, taking it off. Easy! Plus, many brands offer a variety of sheet masks with different treatment focuses. The best part? You can scare your family, roommates or significant other while enjoying your LaCroix!
Tatcha Deep Hydration Lifting Mask – This mama is not for the faint of $$$. That being said, it’s such a luxurious spa-grade mask infused with red algae and coconut water. This Japanese brand touts geisha skin and I literally feel like this after:
Fresh Rose Face Mask – Definitely a fan favorite and I’d argue Fresh’s best selling product. Tightening and brightening, this gel concoction is definitely worth a try (unless you don’t like the smell of roses).
Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask – I first discovered this at Whole Foods and purchased it on a whim because I’m an impulsive individual and it wasn’t particularly expensive. I was very pleasantly surprised. The scent of pumpkin is lovely and it gives your skin a tingle. That glow and baby softness after you rinse off comes from the chemical exfoliator, glycolic acid, which sloughs off your dead skin cells. Sadly, it can’t do the same for your dead eyes.
Great for Acne/Blemishes
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Micro Jet Clearing Solution – Oh honey! This is a sheet mask as well, but if you deal with hormonal breakouts like me, this will calm everything down and diminish any unsightly blemishes, thanks to the salicylic acid and tea tree oil.
I’m having a great time! Smiling big on the inside.
Masks for Hydration
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask to Quench Skin’s Thirst – If you like the smell of bananas and mangos and your skin is as dry as the Sahara, this should be in your arsenal.
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask – Apply this gel-based mask overnight for some light, cooling hydration. Laneige’s patented Hydro Ionized Mineral Water and antioxidants will heal and hydrate the skin overnight without feeling too heavy.
Just Add Water (& Apple Cider Vinegar)
Sometimes it’s nice to bring it back to basics . Put your apron on and let’s get a-mixin’!
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay – This has a cult following on Amazon for a reason. Mix a little apple cider vinegar and water and you’ve got an acne treatment and a major circulation boost. Your pores will be clean and you will feel the beat. Trust me.
- YLLO Turmeric Face Mask – Tumeric is a great anti-inflammatory ingredient and it turns me yellow!
- If you really want to DIY, mix two egg whites with a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply to your clean face evenly. Add a teaspoon or more of raw honey if your skin is really dry or sensitive. Leave the mixture on for 10 minutes then rinse with warm water and pat dry!
What have you tried or heard of? As always, I’m open to suggestions!