I’m proud of anyone that makes it to the gym, truly. If you make a choice to move your body, it’s good on so many levels. It’s doing me a favor! Why? Because exercise releases endorphins and endorphins make you happy! So that means your less likely to hurt me in any way, right?
Well, unfortunately, I’m hurt by some of the things I see at the gym. Nobody’s perfect, but some behaviors at the gym are so far from perfect it’s baffling. You’re hurting me, people.
- I tend to gravitate towards the stair stepper for cardio because it’s easy on my old joints and really challenging cardiovascularly. It also strengthens the bum bum. That being said, do you guys ever see someone literally draped over the machine? What is the point if you’re not upright?? If you’re laying on the StairMaster, why don’t you just take a nap at home!
- No offense guys, but I’ve only seen you do this. Picking. Your. Nose. WHAT? I’d appreciate it more if you at least pretended to be discreet, but I’ve seen multiple men openly digging for treasure then returning to touching the machines and other equipment. BARF!
- Crazies on the ellipitcal. Do you ever see someone going 1,000,000 miles per hour on one? Honey, increase the resistance because you about to fly through the window.
- Okay, I’m guilty of waiting for certain machines nearby so as not to lose my spot in line, if you will, but how about the people that actually ask you when you plan to be done and grimace if you say you don’t know or not any time soon. Listen, Linda – I clearly just started and it’s a miracle I’m even here right now, so how about we cool it with the inquisition?
- This is unfair and totally because I’m jealous, but the ladies working out in just their sports bras with their six packs out. Can you not? The rest of us heathens are literally trying to work off that Lou Malnati’s. We know you’re super fit and hot; no need to show us the perfect contours of your abdominals and life.
- People that are wearing flip-flops, jeans or other non-athletic apparel. I know I wore flip-flops once at the gym, but that was because I had just gotten a pedicure and it needed to dry and I didn’t have time. Shut up.
What bugs you at the gym? Simply being near other people? Yeah, me too.