Every year, I look forward to the holiday season for many reasons, mainly to have the opportunity to gather and celebrate with loved ones, friends, colleagues, clients, etc. For most, this time of year is full of traditions including annual events. Personally, I have a Friendsgiving, regular Thanksgiving, a museum event, two work-related parties, cookie decorating, Christmas Eve and Christmas day dinners, and probably some brunches scattered in there. It will be busy and I can’t wait!
Part of the fun should be deciding what to wear to these engagements. My closet is solid, but I cringe at wearing the same old little black dress from years past. I wanted to mix it up, without having to spend a fortune buying something I’d wear one time. So this year, I decided to try my luck with Rent The Runway. I had a positive experience years ago for a New Year’s Eve wedding, but for some reason, sort of forgot about RTR. This year is different. Right now, I have three different dresses pre-ordered for upcoming events, but I won’t share them just yet (I want them to be a surprise)!
I did a deep dive on RTR’s website to compile a few ensembles for the different kinds of holiday parties, but truth be told, there are so many options available so I would recommend checking them out yourself. One of my favorite parts of RTR is the fact that you can search with so many filters i.e., availability, size, color, occasion, age range, weather type, and body type. They also have reviews from previous customers, including photos of them wearing the garments, a description of their experience, and a profile that includes their body type, weight, height, etc. This is so helpful in making selections.
Plus, when you order a garment, you can add in an extra backup size for free. Rental options include 4-days and 8-days. I included pricing for 4-day rentals below, but you can also sign up for their Unlimited membership, which allows you to rent four items at a time. So without further ado, here are my outfit ideas. Enjoy!
- L.K. Bennett Black Trinu Dress | $75 for 4-day rental ($425 retail)
- Elizabeth and James Miller Cocoon Coat | $150 for 4-day rental ($895 retail)
- Gorjana Accessories Balboa Pendant Necklace | $30 for 4-day rental ($75 retail)
- Gorjana Accessories Silver Balboa Drop Studs | $10 for 4-day rental ($55 retail)
- ZAC by Zac Posen Handbags Oat Biba Buckle Small Shopper | $75 for 4-day rental ($495 retail)
- Gold Sequin Blazer by Bagdley Mischka | $80-90 for 4-day rental ($475 retail)
- Gold Sequin Pants by Bagdley Mischka | $50-60 for 4-day rental ($295 retail)
- Furla Mimi Mini Crossbody | $50 for 4-day rental ($328 retail)
- Alexis Bittar Dangling Starburst Earrings | $30 for 4-day rental ($195 retail)
- The Kooples Grey Popcorn Sweater | $45 for 4-day rental ($258 retail)
- PatBo Slim Velvet Trousers | $60 for 4-day rental ($350 retail)
- Lele Sadoughi Skyscraper Earrings | $25 for 4-day rental ($178 retail)
- Tibi Blush Triacetate Top | $65 for 4-day rental ($375 retail)
- Tome Pleated Two Tone Skirt | $85-95 for 4-day rental ($495 retail)
- Stella McCartney Tortoiseshell Effect Round Sunglasses | $75 for 4-day rental ($495 retail)
- AllSaints Playa Lea East West Tote | $50 for 4-day rental ($348 retail)
- Saloni Black Marley Dress |$80 for 4-day rental ($625 retail)
- Officine Générale PDG Wool Eden Coat | $165 for 4-day rental ($970 retail)
- Rebecca Minkoff Accessories Carnation Red Leo Clutch | $14 for 4-day rental ($95 retail)
- Slate & Willow Accessories All Signs Drop Earrings | $5 for 4-day rental ($30 retail)
- Marchesa Notte Royal Blue Ruffle Gown | $105-120 for 4-day rental ($795 retail)
- Show Me Your Mumu Miss Cindy Faux Overcoat | $45 for 4-day rental ($245 retail)
- Tory Burch Accessories Black Kira Chevron Clutch | $55 for 4-day rental ($328 retail)
- Eddie Borgo Gold Kerchief Slip Collar | $30 for 4-day rental ($195 retail)
- Eddie Borgo Spiraled Ribbon Earrings | $40 for 4-day rental ($275 retail)
Thanks for reading. To get new post notifications for Oh | Hey, subscribe with your email address and follow me on Instagram at ohhey__megan.